Energy Strategic Value Management Limited (ESVM) is a new financing and advisory business to ‘engage the private sector’ in ‘climate-smart’ ways.
Founded by experienced energy market professionals, ESVM seeks to identify transformative energy technologies, clever low-carbon energy projects, and poorly performing or otherwise dislocated energy assets.
Through enhanced and innovative management and financial structuring, ESVM’s team can create significant value from these opportunities for a wide range of public and private sector stakeholders, and for the community at large. Comprising engineering, commercial, financial and legal expertise, ESVM’s management enjoys wide relationships among government entities (including public sector policy makers and regulators), investors, financiers, utilities and contractors, alongside both project and technology developers.
ESVM has a portfolio of activities across a number of energy supply and demand sub-sectors, and already enjoys commitments from a leading infrastructure fund in principle, as well as a multilateral lending agency to progress such opportunities to commercial, financial and investment reality.
Energy Strategic Value Management’s immediate markets and opportunities include:
- Energy from waste and disruptive biofuels;
- Low power loss transmission cables for onshore and offshore applications;
- The turnaround of distressed (i.e. poorly performing or over leveraged) solar power plants with priority regions in Italy, Spain and southern Europe;
- Wind and solar renewable energy projects in Eastern Europe;
- Carbon capture, utilisation and storage;
- Low- or zero-carbon hydrogen production, distribution and utilisation technologies;
- Micro-grids with energy storage and efficiency technologies;
- Sub-Saharan Africa power generation projects (solar power in particular, alongside gas-fired plants);
- Applications of blockchain technology in conjunction with distributed micro-grids; and
- A selection of energy projects across the MENA and Central Asian regions.